Most of us don’t usually deliver those heart felt speeches, especially to friends and family. It is a daunting experience. But it can be done, It has to be done, and it has to be perfect. Not only because it completes the day, and compliments the occasion, but also, you will be remembered. You will be remembered whether it is a good one, or a very bad one. So, there are no middle grounds. We have to deliver and we have to deliver a great mother of the groom speech. This can be done with some preparation:
- Practice, practice, practice. Write your speech first, then make bullet points.
- When speaking, Try and not talk too quickly. Smile more than usual.
- It’s always good to engage the audience.
- In your speech you will need to welcome the couple (bride and groom), as well as the rest of the guests, perhaps mentioning the absent ones.
- Thank all that were involved in the day (best man, bridesmaids etc)
- Tell your guests what the couple and groom mean to you.
- Mention some good and funny memories.
- Don’t forget some anecdotes about the groom and the day. Perhaps some funny story from his past.
- Talk about his characters (in a funny way).
- Finish off with a toast.
Don’t leave it to the last minute. Prepare your mother of the groom wedding speech now. If not, go to the professionals and get the best written work, modify it to fit your circumstances.